Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Memory Lane v. Memory Hole

Recently I came across something I'd written the night of the election in 2008:

Obama accepted the victory with grace, and he delivered a fantastic acceptance speech.  My favorite part of his speech was his acknowledgement of the lack of honesty in Washington. I'm hoping he can change that. That's the one thing that's affected me the most these past eight years: unapologetic dishonesty. It's damaging to entrust a leader to lead and watch him become absorbed in his own bubble where he unrepentantly bullshits the world. . . We'll see what this senator can actually do; he is very inexperienced, but he has good ideas. With a Democratic majority in both the House and Senate, he has the opportunity to get a lot done. I've got my fingers crossed.

What a tool.


I wish I had a time machine so I could go back four years and slap the taste out of that kid's mouth.

I won't say much more on that today, but I'll leave you with two things.

First I'd like to remind my readers of the outrage on the left against President Bush that was sparked by his illegal wiretapping program back in 2005.

I'd like to then direct you to this recent article written by Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian on the state of current information collection under President Obama (you have to admit, disposition matrix sounds pretty badass).

Though I find both major candidates repugnant, at this point I'd actually prefer Romney winning so that the Left will wake up and remember that scrutiny against injustice doesn't take a timeout when the drapes are blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment